Saturday, March 10, 2012

planet



i finally started taking pictures again! it's been way too long since i've taken any pictures, shooting this first role with the new (old) canon ae1 i got for my birthday in january really inspired me. i've been sort of obsessed with the dark room at my school for the last week. it feels so good just to do something arty again after being completely inundated with school and gymnastics for the last 2 months, and i'm really happy with how these turned out.
silhouette

stefan


http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2012/02/grimes-visions-608x608.jpg
grimes: visions. this album has 3 or 4 really good tracks, and the rest is sort of meh.

2 comments:

  1. killin me with these pics William.
    love the lines/angles/contrasts in 1-3
    like I said killin me. for some reason
    the industrial-ness/bleak-ness of the
    photos make me think of omd's ORGANISATION
    + DAZZLE SHIPS albums (think you'd like
    them) curious about GRIMES, was reading
    about her at SXSW on B.vegan - the above
    is the first I've heard, I like the electro
    -ness/beats of the music more than her
    voice though! (it's a bit high) think I'd
    prefer it with a more deeper (Marina and
    the diamonds HOLLYWOOD type) voice

    ** totally agree about scanning actual pics
    and not negs!! the actual printing is *the*
    part!! damn modern technology for ruining
    something perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i'm kind of on the fence about grimes still. i'm loving her singles oblivion and genesis tho. anthony fantano described her album best as a combination of omd, depeche mode, madonna, alvin and the chipmunks, and whale calls, haha
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwX3u3tG9bQ

      printing is definitely under appreciated nowadays. plus prints scan WAY better than negatives.

      Delete